Must be able to work weekends
Salary: around £8-£10ph depending on experience
We’re looking for a dynamic wine enthusiast to help us in our busy and growing shop and tasting room. This is a great opportunity to work in a fully independent wine, beer and spirits shop with the chance to develop a fulfilling career in the UK drinks trade.
What we’re looking for
- We’re looking for someone who is calm under pressure, quick-thinking and able to work on their own initiative in a busy environment.
- You must either have previous experience in the drinks industry - in retail or hospitality - or demonstrate a genuine enthusiasm for learning quickly about wines, beers and spirits. Experience isn't essential, but enthusiasm is!
- The role will be on a shift pattern but you must be able to work most weekends as well as other days in the week (we don’t open Sundays-Mondays).
- You must be over 18
- Recommending and selling wine, beer and spirits to our customers and getting them excited about our offering.
- Managing a busy ‘tasting room’ area (most active on Friday and Saturday shifts) where customers can drink on the premises
- Assisting with some Thursday night wine tasting evenings and other events
- Keeping the shop in good running order, making sure it’s clean, tidy and organised.
- Dealing with deliveries, re-stocking and re-ordering.
- Processing website, wholesale and corporate orders.
Other future responsibilities
- Managing wholesale accounts
- Working on our website and social media platforms
The perks of working at Vino Vero
- The opportunity to learn and progress in the exciting UK drinks trade
- The opportunity to taste some fantastic wines, beers and spirits
- Generous staff discount
- You will get to work in an interesting and varied role, covering most aspects of wine retail and hospitality
- The opportunity to shape the role according to your strengths, for instance holding tastings, managing social media, buying wines/beers/spirits, getting involved in merchandising or developing wholesale accounts.
How to apply
Send your CV and a covering letter explaining why you think you’d be good for the job to Sam and Charlie firstname.lastname@example.org
5pm Monday 11th July